– The development of an education and research center with automatic virtual reality platform for 3D interactive learning and big data analytics
Project Highlight: A funding project received from the Quality Enhancement Support Scheme from Education Bureau (EDB) with an amount of HK$2,000,000. The project focuses on developing a Cave Automatic Virtual Environment (CAVE) VR System to support teaching in the institution.
– Cargo load planning: simulation and visualisation
Project Highlight: The project aims to illustrate the cargo loading planning and facilitating immersive visualizing the planned and allocated positions of the Unit Load Devices (ULD) in an aircraft in real-time. It integrates the optimisation simulation from Solver and VBA as well as the Unity and Middleware VR visualisation.
– Developing a virtual reality system for awkward cargo loading operations
Project Highlight: The project aims to simulate the over-size awkward cargo loading to assist pre-planning of cargo moving through the aircraft door and sliding into the correct position in the aircraft.
– Container terminal crane operations in virtual reality
Project Highlight: The project aims to assist teaching of the terminal operations. It aims to simulate the crane operator in stowing the containers from yard to container vessels. A prototype has been completed.
– Art and culture virtual reality gallery
Project Highlight: The project is developed with a virtual reality art gallery showing a master piece from an experienced photographer, Mr. Ng Tse Sum. Students, staff and visitors can appreciate the photos illustrated in the gallery.
– The Starry Night of Van Gogh and Post-Impressionism development appreciation in Virtual Reality
Project Highlight: This project aims to develop a 3D immersive and interactive scene illustrating the masterpiece painting “The Starry Night” of a Dutch post-impressionist painter Vincent Van Gogh in 1889, illustrating the east-facing window of his asylum room at Saint-Remy-de-Provence, with the addition of an idealized village.
– Augmented Reality on HSMC Clock Tower
Project Highlight: The project displays HSMC Clock Tower in a mobile device with a camera using the augmented reality technologies. Users can move the 3D clock tower on the mobile device. The project is jointly developed with the Department of Supply Chain Management and Department of Social Science
– Chinese Culture and Antique VR Museum – Inscribed Bronzes
Project Highlight: The Chinese Culture and Antique Virtual Reality Museum aims to provide a 3D interactive and
immersive platform for students and public in appreciating and understanding Chinese antiques.